Principles of Community Development
- Social justice, equality and human rights
- Empowerment of individuals, families and communities from the ground up
- Maximising the participation of service users and communities
- Partnership approaches between the community and voluntary sector, health and social care, and other agencies.
- Bringing about a sense of local ownership and control, through communities taking action together to identify and meet their needs
- Tackling the root causes of poverty and exclusion and strengthening the social fabric and support systems within disadvantaged communities.
- Community Project examples