Join us on a March for Men – and help beat prostate cancerFebruary 27, 2017
Ignoring prostate cancer won’t beat it. Prostate Cancer UK has a simple ambition – to stop men dying from prostate cancer. Through shifting the science over the next 10 years to focus on radical improvements in diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and support, we will stop prostate cancer being a killer.
- £3,800,000 – the money we’ve invested in research in the year to shift the science in the areas of improving diagnosis and treatment
- With your support, we funded 11 new research awards to help us develop better tests and better treatments for men.
- Our researchers published 63 academic papers which acknowledged our funding.
- Over 14,000 research publications in 2015 were built on our discoveries
- Our researchers secured over £19m of follow-on grants from other funders to take research we’ve funded closer to benefiting men with prostate cancer.
in 2017 …… Prostate Cancer UK’s March for Men is a series of walking events raising money to help stop prostate cancer being a killer.